INTERIOR DESIGN / ARCHITECTURE ASSISTANT
- This position is for a highly motivated, experienced design professional who thrives in a fast-paced, demanding creative environment, and has a strong sense of urgency, excellence, organization and follow through. This person should have 1-3 years of experience with a high end residential and/or commercial design firm with strong proven skills in Photoshop, AutoCAD and InDesign. Works closely with all team members on multiple projects consecutively. Strong time management skills and the ability to work alone and with others a must.
- Assist the Principal & Designers in overseeing large-scale, long-term design projects from concept through installation for high-end residential, hospitality, and boutique commercial projects. Also assist in the drawing & development of comprehensive design plans & construction drawing sets including sourcing, floorplans, elevations, etc.
- Collaborate with outside consultants and project partners including Architects, General Contractors, Craftsmen, & more
- Drive project progress through timeline management and vendor expediting
- Maintain strong relationships and communication with clients and vendors
- Prepare proposals for product & labor
- Prepare materials & organize presentations before client meetings
- Interpret and help bring-to-life the design vision for clients
- Design custom furniture, cabinetry, textiles and more to achieve the design vision
- Create finish schedules and coordinate construction with architects/builders
- Contact vendors for pricing & samples
- Order and track product through to project installation
- Organize materials for client presentations
- Accessorize & style rooms for photo shoots
- Marketing Assistance
- Office tidying & organization as well as resource library maintenance/organization
- Pick-up and return unused product & samples as required
- Seamlessly transition orders and contractor-management to Project Management group at firm
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-5 years professional experience in related field (interior design, architecture, product/furniture design, textile design, hospitality design, etc) Bachelor’s degree (or Masters) in Interior Design, Architecture, Industrial Design, or related field
- Strong proven skills in Photoshop, AutoCAD and Studio Designer. InDesign and Illustrator strongly preferred. Rendering, hand-sketching, and 3D skills strongly preferred but not required
- Proficiency in google suites, sheets, docs required.
- Impeccable design taste and alignment with Principal’s design style and philosophies
- Ability to problem-solve, try new things, and seek solutions with limited supervisor direction and a positive attitude.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple projects with varying timelines and deliverables at once
- Teamwork & collaboration-minded
- Proactive self-starter – shows both initiative and detailed follow-through/completion
- Strong attention to detail & strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate in a professional and polished manner are a must.
- Valid driver’s license & transportation
- Strong work ethic with a “can-do” attitude
- Positive, steady, calm and fun, team player, utmost integrity, honesty, & no-drama/ego attitude a necessity!
SEND RESUME, PORTFOLIO & REFERENCES TO: [email protected]
- hourly rate
- 3 weeks paid vacation
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
French & French Interiors is known for fearlessly bold and colorful interiors that give homes life! The firm’s work has been featured in House Beautiful, Country Living, NYTimes, HGTV, Origin Magazine, Apartment Therapy, Lonny and more. From their Santa Fe headquarters the boutique firm of 5, leads projects statewide. For details visit French & French Interiors